Physical Address - 3313 Crites St, Richland Hills, TX 76118 P 817-616-3500
SCHOOL - BACKPACKS
Our School Supply Event is in August every year.
We need 250 of the following items (or as noted).
* Backpacks for all ages K - 12th grade
* 500 packages of narrow and wide-ruled paper
* Pens: black and blue 12-pack - one package for each child
* Spiral notebooks (3 notebooks per child)
* Colors by grade and color markers by grade
* Colored pencils - 200
* 1- and 2-inch Binders - 200
* 400 subject folders, various colors, without brads; 200 with brads, any color
* Notebook dividers
* 20 calculators needed for high school
* Scissors by grades
* Highlighters by grade
Donations are accepted 12-4 pm – Monday - Thursday at our New Facility, 3313 Crites St, Richland Hills 76182. After hours, please call and leave a message. We will get back to you the next day.
Most needed items - $20 Gas Cards from Walmart, Kroger, QT or RaceTrac.
MOST REQUESTED FOOD ITEMS ARE LISTED IN ORDER OF NEED:
• Hamburger Helper, peanut butter, canned goods, soups, salsa, beans, chips, pastas, rice, cereal with sugar (Frosted Flakes, Mini-Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Fruit Loops), chili, brownies, cakes, frosting, Banquet or Marie Callender meals in a box (the meat is right in package), chips, dips, crackers, mac and cheese, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, cooking spray, hot chocolate, coffee, tea bags, mustard, ketchup, salad dressing (Ranch is the most requested), or any dry food items.
NON FOOD ITEMS
• Twin and queen size sheets, bar soap, liquid laundry soap, toilet paper, paper towels, blankets, comforters, pots, pans, utensils, silverware, dishes, coffee pots, pictures, lamps.
• Kids books, Bibles, music CDs, DVDs (only PG-13, PG, G), toys - new or gently used. Any extra items in your home, our moms could use.
TOILETRY BAGS – for moms
Toiletry Bags for moms – shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, shavers, dove soap, emery boards, personal care items, disposable wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste a pair of socks, a washcloth, a devotional book, and any other items to help them start over. They can be put in gallon zip lock bags or put in purses to give a mom on her first day with us.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES – We need enough for 180 backpacks
Paper (regular and college ruled), pens- (blue and black - 12 to a pack), scissors, glue, glue sticks, markers, high lighters, crayons, markers, colored markers, 1” binders, plastic pencil holder’s packs, folders without brads, pencil sharpeners, pencils, erasers to go on the end of pencils, backpacks for all ages, solid colors or any design, boxes of Kleenex, and any other supplies that you find on the list at Walmart or Target.
Every month at I CAN STILL SHINE Events on the second Saturday at local churches. We need lots of help for our Thanksgiving dinner, we serve 250 moms and kids. We need help and gift cards for our Christmas Party, we will have over 300 kids this year who need gifts. We also need minor repairs for our two centers at any time. We need painting and mowing and other needs.
We cannot accept used beds, couches, undergarments, pillows, toys, car seats, or jumping toys (due to safety rules). We take Winter Clothes Oct-March. We take Summer Clothes April – September. Christmas items are collected in December ONLY.
I CAN STILL SHINE